One of our first DIY projects for the new home was creating a shrine to our wedding day. I mean, who doesn't want to come home and look at pictures of the Rineharts? I know I do.
It sounds cliché, but it really was the best day ever and the moments captured deserved some primo wall space!
I saw these frames on West Elm and became obsessed. They're so clean, shiny and simple. However, a set of four assorted would totally break the bank at $180!
Like most new homeowners, we wanted to be thoughtful about where our money was going, so this was the perfect opportunity for a DIY project!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint, Silver - $4
- IKEA RIBBA Picture Ledge - 45 1/4 - $14.99
- IKEA RIBBA Picture Ledge - 21 3/4 - $9.99
- 7-10 Frames - We took advantage of the penny frame sale at Aaron Brothers, but you could get the same from Dollar Tree
- Pictures! We printed ours at Walgreens, you can select your pictures and order prints through their online portal. Be sure to use a coupon code at checkout!
First things first -- remove the glass and backing from the frame and start spraying! We didn't feel the need to seal them because we figured they wouldn't be handled a lot.
After allowing the frames to thoroughly dry (a full 24 hours to be safe), we inserted the photos.
We had a lot of floating ledges at our apartment, and Dustin hates them because of how much work they usually are. IKEA's were surprisingly easy but they didn't come with screws, so be sure to have some handy.
Here's the final product...
We plan on putting something to the left of the smaller ledge, but need to find the perfect item!
Until next time!