Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Organizing... My Makeup Bag!

If you know me, then you probably think this is a really weird post.  I say that because... I don't wear makeup on a daily basis, but I love the stuff.  When I get out of bed in the morning it's usually around 9:00am (don't hurt me all you people with earlier start times).  I shower, get dressed and leave for work with my hair still wet 98% of the time, all within 30 minutes.  If I put on makeup, it's probably because -- 1) I didn't shower, 2) I have a client meeting, 3) it's Halloween, or 4) I'm in Vegas.

Either way, I like it and every year or so I revamp my bag with a new set of everything (probably not enough times if you ask a makeup artist, but really who can afford to do that?!).  I throw it all into one huge bag that tends to eat the type of makeup I'm always looking for.  I needed a change... enter "The Valet".  I purchased the one below from good ol' Target (they only had the pink lining option).  My main focus was to find a valet that had spacious compartments but wasn't bigger than a magazine.




I wish I had taken a picture of my other bag for comparison, but here's how I organized it -- smallest compartment (top) is for all items lip-related (lipstick, lip gloss, lip liner, lip stain, etc.).  I saved this for the smallest compartment because I don't wear a lot of lip makeup; reapplication will be the death of me, so I avoid it altogether.  



The middle compartment is a big bigger so it's reserved for the eyes (eyeshadows, eyeliner, eye primer, mascara, faux lashes glue, etc.).  This one was a little bit of a tighter squeeze, but it all fit and there's room for more!

The last and largest compartment was left for the face and tools.  This means pressed powder, blush, bronzer, illuminator, eyelash curler, brushes, face primer, etc. 


See how nice and organized she is!  I love it.  You really could go for the bigger valet depending on the size of your stash and needs, but compartments are key!  Big bonus is that all you have to do is roll it up and everything's protected for travel.  



See ya next time!  Happy Campin'!

xoxo




No comments: